Terms and Conditions
GOOD SPORTS “BEATING HEART” PROMOTION – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The promoter of this promotion is Alcohol and Drug Foundation, Inc. (“the Promoter”) (ABN 66 057 731 192) of 12/607 Bourke Street, Melbourne, VIC.
2. Entry is free and open to anyone who is part of a community club based in Australia, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their immediate families and the suppliers and agencies associated with this competition, who are ineligible to nominate or be nominated in the “Beating Heart” promotion.
3. This competition commences on 5:00PM AEST on 11 August 2016 and ends at 23:59 AEST on 15 September 2016 (“Competition Period”).
4. Late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected responses will be deemed invalid.
5. To enter this competition individuals must submit their entries via the Good Sports Beating Heart competition landing page, located at www.beatingheart.com.au, and:
Step 1. During the Competition Period, nominate a member of your local club who you consider to be the “Beating Heart” of your club. Nomination requires you to explain some or all of the following in the text box/es provided:
What your nominee has/does done for your club;
has/does for his/her club/members and his/her community,
how they inspire and impact those around them and;
why they deserve to win.
Step 2. Submit your entry along with all details of your nominee, including a contact email address, and your own contact details (“Submission A”).
OR, if your intended nominee has already been nominated, a pop up box will appear that will take you to that nominees’ page. You can then vote for this nominee by interacting with the voting tool on that page (“Submission B”).
6. Individual entrants can only nominate or vote for each nominee once, but can nominate or vote for multiple nominees.
7. Each person who enters this competition through either of the Submission A or Submission B methods, may be contacted by Good Sports in relation to Good Sports related programs and initiatives.
9. Each Submission will be reviewed and judged by a panel of the Promoter’s marketing and communications personnel (“Panel”). This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. The Panel will judge each submission according to:
– The nominee’s inspirational story;
– The impact they’ve made to their club; and
– Their votes received.
10. All decisions of the Panel are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
11. There will be 5 x winning entries as determined by the Panel. Winners will be chosen within 7 days of the competition closing.
12. The entrant who submitted each winning entry and the “Beating Heart” nominee associated with each winning entry will be contacted via email. Each winning entry will receive: AUD $3000 prize money for the Beating Heart’s club they were nominated for in the winning entry and $1000 worth of Flight Centre travel vouchers (or equivalent vendor) for the “Beating Heart” themselves. The total prize pool is valued at AUD $20,000.
13. By entering this competition entrants agree to allow the Promoter to repost their Submission information on the Promoter’s Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts, the Promoter’s website, www.goodsports.com.au, and within the Promoter’s electronic direct mail (EDM) communication pieces.
14. The Promoter is not liable for any other additional costs associated with winning this competition or the prizes that comprise this competition.
15. The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, at any time before the awarding of the prizes to cancel the competition or to vary or cancel the award of a prize including, without limitation, circumstances where in the Promoter’s opinion (which it shall form in its absolute discretion): (a) a winning entry does not satisfy the competition entry requirements; or (b) the Promoter cannot conduct the competition or award the prize for any reason beyond its control. In the event that the Promoter cancels the competition or varies or withdraws the prizes it shall not: (a) be liable to any person for any loss or damage (including loss or damage caused by any negligence) arising out of, or in connection with, such cancellation, variation or withdrawal; or (b) be required to conduct the competition at any other time.
16 Entrants enter the competition at their sole risk. With the exception of liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained or loss or damage to tangible property as a result of accepting and using a prize or entering the competition.
17. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken in any other form than as presented by the Promoter. The cash prize awarded to the Beating Heart nominee’s club will be transferred into the club’s nominated account via direct deposit. The amount will not be deposited into an individual person’s account under any circumstances. Prize must be taken in its complete entirety or it will be forfeited. If for any reason a winner does not take the prize or an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited. If the winner of the prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or guardian who will be required to confirm acceptance of the terms and conditions prior to claiming any prize.
18. If any prize remains unclaimed after 30 days of the winning Submissions being announced, the Promoter may deem that the grand prize winner and/or runners-up is ineligible to receive the prize.
19. Prizes are awarded on condition of the prize money being used by clubs to improve the club. Entrants should be aware that where any prize money is spent on alcohol, parties or any other event or product which would bring the Promoter into disrepute, the Promoter shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel any subscriptions or other associations between the Promoter and the club immediately.
20. Information regarding prizes and how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions. Entry into the competition is deemed an acknowledgement and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
21. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and the identity of entrants. Proof of entry and identity will only be deemed as sufficient at the discretion of the Promoter.
22. If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being properly conducted due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves its rights to disqualify any entrant or to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel this competition, to the extent permitted by law.
23. All Submissions will be the property of the Promoter. The Promoter may use the name and any photos from the Submission for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without compensation.
24. By participating in this competition, each entrant assigns to the Promoter the whole of the copyright in their entries and, to the extent permitted by law, waives his or her moral rights in respect of it. Upon entering their Submission, each entrant warrants that the posting and use of their entry does not violate, misappropriate or infringe on the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark and/or other intellectual property rights.
25. Any photos submitted on entry will be kept private until the nominee approves the use of their image in the competition.
27. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
28. Submissions must not:
– Contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including copyright infringement (including, but not limited to logos (manufacturer or carrier), trade names, or patented features);
– Disparage the Promoter any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Competition;
– In any way mention, refer or otherwise allude to the name, logo or trademark of any entity, individual, product or brand other than those of Promoter and its brands;
– Promote any cause other than the Competition theme;
– Contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libellous (as determined by Promoter at Promoter’s sole discretion);
– Contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, political orientation, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, or age (as determined by Promoter at Promoter’s sole discretion);
– Contain any viruses, spyware, malware, or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way; and
– Contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where entry is created.
29. All nominations will be screened by the Promoter’s administration team before being made public. Any nomination deemed to violate the above terms will be disqualified and not be published.
Become a Good Sports Club
Are you ready to take the next step and join the team that makes up Australia’s largest preventative health initiative in sport?